We’ve finally reached the point in the year when summer slowly collides into fall. We still have hot, summery days, but the nights are cooling off and fall produce is popping up everywhere (butternut squash…already?!) despite the farmer’s markets still being overrun with summer produce like tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, eggplant, raspberries, and peaches. So, I’ve rounded up fifteen salads, main dishes, sides, snacks, and baked goods to help you ride out these last few weeks of summer before we say goodbye to fresh, juicy tomatoes and peaches for another year. Think of these recipes like summer’s last hurrah- the best way to send off this beautiful, fleeting season.
- Summer Kale Salad with Spicy Granola
- Peach, Pecan & Blue Cheese Kale Salad
- Barley Salad with Grilled Eggplant, Feta & Mint
- Pesto Caprese Farro Salad
- Penne with Summer Vegetables & Creamy Avocado Sauce
- One-Pot Farmer’s Market Spaghetti
- How to Make Grilled Pizza
- Heirloom Tomato &Goat Cheese Pie
- Peach, Ricotta, & Honey Crostini
- Summer Cheese Board + Grilled Corn & Jalapeno Goat Cheese Spread
- Zucchini Gratin
- Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Banana Bread
- Zucchini Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Cherry & Blueberry Crumb Bars
- Grilled Pineapple & Jalapeno Mojitos
Looking for ways to preserve your summer bounty? I have a chest freezer and like to load it up with summer produce like zucchini and corn. I also freeze fruit like peaches, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, etc, on sheet pans then transfer them to freezer bags for the winter, too. Produce like green beans, broccoli and beets freeze better when they’ve been cooked first, so I tend to blanch them in boiling water for 2 minutes before cooling, drying, and freezing them, too.
Enjoy the last moments of summer!